Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Sweater Weather

It is starting to get colder here in Iowa so I have starting looking more closely at sweater patterns. I would love to make the cover sweater from the Fall 2006, Vogue Knitting-Knit Simple magazine for myself. I love cabled sweaters! http://www.knitsimplemag.com/index.shtml

I am having a difficult time deciding on yarn though. The pattern calls for worsted weight Blue Sky Alpaca which I really can't afford so I think it will have to be plain wool or a wool blend. I like the burnt orange color though.

For DH I have been thinking of making the Spartan Pullover from Interweave Knits, Fall 2006. The Fair Isle design across the waist of the sweater is just enough design to keep me interested (I hope) and tame enough for DH to feel comfortable wearing it. It calls for bulky weight yarn so it should knit fast. Colors for this one are still up in the air. He suggested black. "But dear all of your sweaters are black!" I would love to do something more colorful for him if I can get him to agree to it. The true test will be if he will wear it...yeah, he will, he is not fussy about his clothes most of the time.

2 Comments:

Blogger mamafitz said...

i like that spartan pullover too -- i thought it might be a good intro to fair isle work.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Fair Isle is not hard to do. I am leaning toward using Woolease Chunky because it can be washed--a must for DH.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home