Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Baby Surprise Class


I had 2 students last night for the Baby Surprise Class that I am teaching. Sign-ups for the classes have been really low lately. I am hoping it will pick up more next month.


We all agreed that the hardest part of starting this sweater is counting all of those stitches! Once everyone was sure they had the right number it was smooth sailing. I am knitting yet another of these sweaters along with the class. This one will go to a fundraiser for our church youth trip to Orlando next summer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Iris in Iowa said...

So glad to run accross another Iowa Knitters. I saw your post on the EZasPI group.
Where are you teaching your class? I'm in West Des Moines and in the Central Iowa Knitters club here. I'm always looking for learning opportunities for myself and to share.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Hi Iris! I am in Ames. I teach at the Rose Tree Fiber Shop here. I
just started there in February. I don't know anything about any of
the clubs or guilds yet. I have been too busy with my family I guess.
I have been knitting for more than 40 years now and enjoy teaching
what I love doing.

I haven't had time to participate with the EZasPI knitalongs yet. It
would be fun but it is hard to find time around here to concentrate on
the more challenging patterns. I have learned so much from the group
though.

Good to hear from you!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home