Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Afghans for Afghans--Youth Campaign for Next Winter



Lately, I have been working on blanket blocks for this organization of knitters and crocheters who send afghans, mittens, hats, socks and sweaters to the children and adults of Afghanistan. If you noticed, the project right now is for next winter, winter 2011-2012 not this coming winter. It takes time for the shipments to arrive in Afghanistan and more time for distribution at the grassroots level. This particular organization has successfully sent thousands of items to this desperate country over the past 10 years.

I would encourage you to help if you can. You can donate knitted or crocheted items in wool or you can make a monetary donation to help with shipping costs. Click on the button above to find out how you can help.

Here are some of the blocks I have been working on. I will be crocheting these together to make a small blanket to send.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home