Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Mittens New and Old

I started this pink and navy wool mitten Monday night while at the Prayer Shawl meeting at our church. We are making hats and mittens for the International students too. One of the women asked how long it takes me to knit a mitten like this. I couldn't give her an answer at the beginning of the evening because I knit while doing other things, between other things and just about any time that my hands are free.

But by then end of the evening I had a better idea of how long it takes. I would say for this one with just a little bit of patterning it will take about 3 hours to make each mitten.


So, with that in mind I am wondering why this pink mitten for Amy has not gotten finished. I started this one some time last winter.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Love the patterned mitten!

How fun that you get to work with Arnhild, too! Can't wait to see all the great mittens that you make.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home