Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Barnevott - inside and out

I finally finished the first pair of Selbu mittens. Barnevott #10 in the Selbustrikk book. It is a child size pair of mittens. They just fit my 5 yo.

I have already started on the next pair which is a slightly larger size child's mitten. Again it is in the black and white. That is the traditional colors for the Selbu mittens.




Details of the mittens:

Pattern: Barnevott #10 in Selbustrikk LVS-5 from Rauma

Yarn: Rauma 2tr. Gammelserie Strikkegarn, 50g/160meters, one ball each of #400 and #436

Needles: size US2


I thought you might find it interesting to see the inside of these stranded projects. The floats of yarn show the design in the reverse colors.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathy... said...

Beautiful! Simply beautiful! Love the inside also. Test of a gifted knitter, I'd say.

I am waiting for my mitten book to arrive, and then I hope to join in the fun!

I was in Ames Friday. Rosemary's was closed, although the signage did not indicate such. My concern was that the shop name sign was nowhere to be found. She didn't close down her shop did she? Looking thru the windows...all looked the same, but just a little concerned.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Amy and Sarah said...

Just beautiful! They really are lovely--great knitting!

Liz

8:54 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Those mittens are beautiful! I like the hats you've done, too.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

Wow! They're gorgeous, you did an amazing job! Congratulations on these, I'm sure EZ would be impressed.

Shelly

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home