Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy New Year!

Then end of 2007 was rather stressful for me. I had some health problems before Christmas which put me in the hospital for a couple of days and I spent the next couple of weeks having tests and seeing doctors. I am feeling better now but still don't have an answer to what was going on. Hopefully the problem won't return.

I had a great year otherwise. Our kids are growing up way too fast. As you can see from the Christmas picture we have quite a crew!

I, of course, got a lot of knitting done mostly while waiting for kids or attending events and practices. The good news is that I completed 83 projects this year, the bad news is that there are a lot of projects which are still waiting to be finished.

Here is a brief list of the completed items:

32 hats
16 dishcloths
7 pair mittens
7 afghan blocks
6 pair socks
5 prayer shawls
4 baby sweaters
1 scarf
1 pair booties
1 spiral baby blanket
1 Wallaby child's sweater
1 Fair Isle adult sweater
1 headband

I am looking forward to working more this year with Arnhild. We have big plans for her business! Coming up in February is the Annual Arnhild's Knitting Studio Retreat and in Summer of 2009 there will be a Knitting Tour of Norway. That will be really fun!

I hope you all have a great year!
Denise

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home