Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Thursday, January 08, 2009

I did get back from Michigan...

really I did. I really left you all hanging though didn't I? Sorry about that!

We had a wonderful time in Michigan with the classes, the people in the classes and with the owners of Threadbear Fiber Arts Studio. Then things got very busy for me!

Arnhild has been in Norway since mid-November so I am in charge of her business as well as my own. Things have been going well for both. We had great sales before Christmas and after when everyone decided to spend their Christmas money. I have packed a LOT of yarn!

I have been working on some knitting for Arnhild's annual retreat. There will be new patterns and samples to show off there. I took the sleeves for the Norwegian Man's Sweater along to Michigan and got the first sleeve mostly knit. Since then I have managed to get the second sleeve mostly knit. It has gone much more slowly because I have had so many other things to do. This one needs to be finished in time for the retreat as well. Deadline is the last weekend of February. I still have a lot to do!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home