Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Friday, January 14, 2011

Finished blankets for the afghans for Afghans project



I have put together two blankets so far to send to Afghanistan for the current Youth Campaign. These will be put in a box and sent to SanFrancisco. From there the will be put into big shipping containers and sent on to Afghanistan. They will not arrive there until next winter. This shipment will go to children in schools operated by "Help the Afghan Children." It takes so much planning to get these things where they need to be to help.



Here are the first blankets. Many of the blocks were donated by other knitters. Then I have crocheted them together into bright, warm, woolen blankets. I have more blocks to work on yet so I hope to make at least 3 more blankets in time for the arrival deadline of Feb. 14.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home