Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Amaliya in red for February

I had so much fun designing and knitting this beautiful, textured set!  There is a capelet with a cowl collar that covers the shoulders and neck, a hat to warm the ears and either mittens or fingerless mitts for the hands.  The texture makes pockets on the inside to trap the warmth. The texture reminds me of the bark on our Ash tree. The set looked so good on our beautiful daughter, Amy, that I named it in her honor. 

Meet Amaliya !
The patterns are available on my web site. You can buy separate patterns for each piece or a combined pattern which includes all 4 pieces.

 



Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home