Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Monday, September 18, 2006

More Christmas Stockings

I am still not feeling very well due to a cold. I have been doing a lot of knitting though as I rest. Don't have much energy for anything else but DH gets worried when I quit knitting!

I almost have the Gansey Christmas Stocking finished. It still needs to be grafted at the toe. I need to pull out the instructions for that. I am knitting I-cord for a loop at the top of the stocking. I will need to find some scrap yarn to add my son's name to the top of the stocking.

I was thinking that I should make some stockings for our youth fundraiser so I pulled out some Red Heart worsted and started a very basic stocking yesterday. This worsted weight yarn is much heavier than the Nature Spun that the Gansey is made in. I went from size 8 needles on the Gansey to a size 10 for this stocking. I just need to add the loop to the top of this one and it is finished. I made a star toe on it so I wouldn't have to graft the toe. Only about 5-6 hours of knitting time for it I think.


I am planning to teach a Christmas Stockings knitting class so I went down to the Rose Tree to show off the stockings I had thus far and get more yarn of course! I think bulky weight yarn and big needles will make for an easier/faster to make stocking so I picked up some Lamb's Pride Bulky. I think I will teach the class how to make the basic sock and then embellish it with duplicate stitch. Rosemary suggested that I could do a Fair Isle stocking as a second class. The Gansey is also very fun. So there will be lots of ideas to work on!

Keep on knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Nice Christmas stockings. Hope you feel better soon.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home