Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Friday, December 15, 2006

Do you call these hats or headbands?

I decided to try the Calorimetry pattern from Knitty for my nieces. It came out okay I guess but I think I like the Panta! better. So I made another one of those too.

The Calorimetry makes me think of hats that I wore as a child they were made sort of like this but they had a tie at the bottom corners that were tied under the chin. Maybe that is why I don't like it as well as the Panta!

These are made from acrylic yarn because I don't know if the girls might be able to wear wool and they will be easier to wash as well. I think I will make a couple more so they can have a choice of colors.

I also have an idea for a very simple cable pattern for the Panta! I will share that with you when I get it done.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont really understand how they connect in the back..

off to read the patterns!!

I want to make one.. of the Calorimetry...

Maybe I will start one Monday or Tuesday!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

The Calorimetry uses a button fitted through the hole that the short rows make.

The Panta! is sewn together or knit together as in a 3-needle bind off.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I personally like them, but I haven't tried one on yet. I do remember those triangle thingies though!!! I printed off the pattern yesterday and after the holidays I may try my hand at them :)

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home