Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Christmas Stockings again

I am back to making Christmas stockings again. I had the blue fair isle stocking hanging in the Rose Tree Fiber Shop to advertize my class. The owner called me the other day and asked if I wanted to sell the stocking now that the class was finished. She had a customer standing there who wanted it. Thinking that I didn't have any other plans for it I said sure.

Later I remembered that I had written the pattern and could be selling it in the shop! A pattern sells better with a sample though, right?

So I had to make another sample stocking...

These come out so beautifully in this yarn. This one is also Lamb's Pride Bulky in green, white and rose. The yarn was on sale at least... and if you bought 6 they were cheaper...

So.... I am now working on yet another stocking. This one will have a bright Christmas red with the green and white and it is going up for sale on my web site. My son, who does the web site work for me, made that suggestion. Of course as I work on them my brain is generating all sorts of new design ideas that I could try...

So keep an eye out for more both here and on my web site. www.denisesneedleworks.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

I love the stocking pattern and the colors are great!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home