Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Lace Pelerine (poncho)--finished!

I finally finished! This was fun to knit but the rows just keep getting longer and longer! The lace pattern is beautiful and not difficult to do.

The pattern is Elizabeth Zimmerman's Pelerine from one of her Spun Outs. Yarn is Knitpicks. I thought that since I ordered it all at once that it was all the same. I should have checked! As it turned out 2 of the skeins were Wool of the Andes natural and 2 were the newer Bare and they are different colors!!!! Can you tell? The top 1/3 and the bottom band are darker, almost yellowed looking.

I was planning on leaving this natural colored but I may have to dye it. I am hoping that washing will help.

I wish ponchos would have been popular a few years ago. They would have been great for when I was nursing my babies!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to look closely. You could always hand embroider about the color changes... with silver or gold... make it look "on purpose."

7:39 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Yeah, the colors are different. That's a shame. Dying it might be the way to go. Christine's suggestion is good, though. Make it a design element.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Orchard Ranch said...

Are they even the same yarn? I ordered four skeins from Knitpicks and three were the Bare while one was WOTA. It was sock yarn specifically for dyeing so it didn't matter to me, but the two yarns were totally different in construction! As in, WOTA was two ply, and Bare was at least three ply.

No matter what you do, your pellerine is gorgeous.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came over from Zimmermania. The Pelerine is beautiful. I have that Spun out, but have never used the pattern. Good idea about the nursing, maybe I will make one for the next myself and the next baby.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

Very lovely! I agree with the others -- different hues are a design element and/or simply and uniquely "antiqued."

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home