Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Sunday, November 26, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family at our house this year. I had to do a little bit of knitting this weekend to recover from all of the cleaning and cooking!LOL

The
Green Snowflake stocking was finished last weekend and is listed for sale on my web site.

I had the Christmas Tree stocking about half finished before Thanksgiving so I was able to finish that one and make another stocking this weekend. These will be going up for sale on my web site too.

My sister-in-law was looking at the Christmas Tree and just couldn't grasp how I got the colors in the right places. I found it hard to explain in a way that she would understand. Maybe you can only understand if you have done it?


The Rose Hearts stocking is so girly looking. My girls are getting too old for such things but I am sure there are still some little girls who would love this sort of thing. It was fun to work on.


I decided that I better stop for a while and make some Christmas presents instead. So, while I will be knitting, I may not post much about it. I have several projects to make for family members who might read my blog.

Sorry guys! No peeking!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

I love all the stockings, Denise. The Christmas tree motif is very clever!

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful job!!

Well done!

9:16 PM  
Blogger hakucho said...

Your Christmas stockings are beautiful!
Happy knitting :)

6:34 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Love them all Denise, but I think my favorite is the tree one. Is that a pattern that you wrote?

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home