Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Another small project I am working on...

Well, maybe not so small but I feel I have to get this one done. I am teaching a class how to make the Fairly Easy Fair Isle from Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation starting the end of January. I have a sample I made last year when I taught this class but I wanted a new sweater and it is always easier if I have something similar going that I can demonstrate with. I will be teaching a sock class too so I have a lot of knitting to do to keep up with both classes. I thought it would help to get a head start.

The yarn is Lamb's Pride Bulky wool/mohair. I have the body of the sweater almost up to the underarms now. That is mostly simple stockinette. I decided to make a change in the Fair Isle design that I will use in this sweater. It is a much more complicated design than the one in the book. The small bit of knitting on top of the body piece is my swatch of the designs. I wanted to see how they will look. I am using some really bright colors so it should be interesting to see!

3 Comments:

Blogger Indigo said...

I think it's going to look great. That sweater is still on my to do list. Once this wrist starts cooperating I have to get a sweater on the needle, but it will probably the hubbin's hybrid sweater.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

You've been tagged on my blog!!!!
Have a Great Day :)

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks gorgeous! I can't wait to see more of it!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home