Denise's NeedleWorks
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at Find me as DeniseInIowa on

Monday, January 01, 2007

Gansey Workshop

The EZasPi yahoo group is starting a Gansey Worshop that I am really excited about participating with! After making a Gansey Christmas stocking I found that I really like these textural patterns.

Elizabeth Lovick from Northern Lace, Orkney Island, UK is leading the workshop. She lead a great Shetland Lace workshop for the group last year that I was unfortunately too busy to participate in. I did buy the e-books that she made for it though!

I am really looking forward to doing some more Gansey work. I will let you know how my projects turn out.

Oh, and here is a close-up picture of the designs on the Christmas Stocking I made.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is looking beautiful. You are tagged, by the way to tell six weird things about yourself!

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home