Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Monday, January 01, 2007

Gansey Workshop


The EZasPi yahoo group is starting a Gansey Worshop that I am really excited about participating with! After making a Gansey Christmas stocking I found that I really like these textural patterns.

Elizabeth Lovick from Northern Lace, Orkney Island, UK is leading the workshop. She lead a great Shetland Lace workshop for the group last year that I was unfortunately too busy to participate in. I did buy the e-books that she made for it though!

I am really looking forward to doing some more Gansey work. I will let you know how my projects turn out.

Oh, and here is a close-up picture of the designs on the Christmas Stocking I made.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is looking beautiful. You are tagged, by the way to tell six weird things about yourself!

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home