Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas knitting

I can finally post pictures of the bags I made as Christmas gifts. Unfortunately, in the usual rush to finish and wrap things I didn't get pictures of some of the finished bags. The one that I spent the most time on was the Theatre bag for my daughter Jessie who is a theatre major at University of Iowa.

This bag just kept getting bigger and bigger! It took 7 skeins of Lamb's Pride Bulky yarn. I was knitting a skein a day for a while. One of my children suggested that I could just tell her that I had made her a suitcase!

The bag is loosely based on the messenger bag from Knitting for Peace. Then I duplicate stitched the tragedy and comedy masks on the front flap before felting it. It is still a good sized bag but my daughter was thrilled with it. She talked about how many things it was going to hold and was very excited!

The other felted bag I made was a pink and blue purse sized bag for my DIL. This one was also Lamb's Pride Bulky yarn. I folded the sides in and ran the handles through them so the top of the bag would close up a little bit. It is very cute. DIL was very pleased too.

I also made a crocheted purse for dd, Lisa, in her favorite green. The pattern for that one was the Exchange Bag from the Happy Hooker. I will have to see if I can borrow it for a picture.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Nice job on the bags, Denise!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful bags! I bet the recipients will be content.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home