Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Gansey update

My first Gansey swatch! Finally! I went to a quite room away from the children...of course they followed me...so there were craft projects to help with, snacks to get, questions to answer...well, I finally accomplished this much at least. It is only about 3 inches square...you would think that I could get more knitting done in 2 hours than this!

I used Sinfonia mercerized cotton yarn and size 3.25mm(US3) needles. Once I finally figured out how the chart worked, with all of the noise around me, it went fairly well. I has a nice sheen and even though it is knit pretty tightly is feels soft and not stiff at all.

I am looking forward to trying some of the other projects and learning more about the sweaters with these designs that the fishermen used to wear out to sea.

Keep knitting and keep learning,
Denise

1 Comments:

Blogger Tallguy said...

Very curious about that swatch for the Gansay. Where did you find that pattern? There is something going on there that I don't understand why it should be there. Not saying it is wrong -- just unusual, so was wondering about it.

Did you get any further with it? Interesting pattern.. what is the rest of it like?

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home