Denise's NeedleWorks
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at Find me as DeniseInIowa on

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Fair Isle Stocking

This is my design. I am having such fun with these stockings! I decided to try some Fair Isle on this one for something different. The white at the bottom will be a snow flake, I hope. I think I charted it right.

I was going to put some blue in that rose and white section but I was talking while knitting instead of thinking about what I was doing! Oops! Oh well, it made a nice design the way it is so I decided to leave it.

We are going to dd's college band concert tomorrow. I will have 3 hours in the car to knit! I might be able to finish this one. I think I am running out of steam for the Christmas Stockings finally. That's good, because I need to get back to some sweaters for the family and Christmas presents.

Happy Knitting!


Blogger Tricotine said...

Are you using Lamb's Pride wool for that fairisle stocking? It looks great! :-)

Isabelle aka Tricotine

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home