Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Fair Isle Stocking

This is my design. I am having such fun with these stockings! I decided to try some Fair Isle on this one for something different. The white at the bottom will be a snow flake, I hope. I think I charted it right.

I was going to put some blue in that rose and white section but I was talking while knitting instead of thinking about what I was doing! Oops! Oh well, it made a nice design the way it is so I decided to leave it.

We are going to dd's college band concert tomorrow. I will have 3 hours in the car to knit! I might be able to finish this one. I think I am running out of steam for the Christmas Stockings finally. That's good, because I need to get back to some sweaters for the family and Christmas presents.

Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger ICJ said...

Are you using Lamb's Pride wool for that fairisle stocking? It looks great! :-)

Isabelle aka Tricotine

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home