Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Starlights Shawl


I fell in love with this beautiful mohair yarn when it first came into the Rose Tree Fiber Shop. It is Starlights from Ironstone Yarns.

There are 2 strands in the yarn. One is mohair and wool with a lovely, soft halo. The other, is a boucle of rayon and nylon so bright that the finished knit almost glows from within. It comes in several beautiful colors, all of whilch I would love to have.

I made this shawl from only one skein on size 15 needles. It is going up at the Rose Tree as a sample. It feels so soft that the shawl could also be wrapped around the neck for warmth under a coat. We need that right now! I can see it made up as a mobius scarf or a light vest or shrug too. So many possibilities!

Have I got you hooked yet? Wanna try some?

Happy Knitting!
Denise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home