Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Saturday, June 09, 2007

One TOFUtises sock finished!

I finished the first sock! This is color 723, Put Your Foot Down. I chose it when the first round of colors came into my LYS because it had the most different colors. I loved all of the TOFUtsies colors! Now there are 15 new summer colors available!

I used size 1 needles and 72 sitches. There is a waffle rib stitch on the cuff and down the top of the foot. I think it is interesting how the dark colors and light colors separated into 2 groups to make dark and light swirls around most of the sock. On the toe you can see that there were actually 4 main colors.

And as I have said before they feel wonderfully soft! I am anxious to wear them....better get started on the second one!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Deby said...

I love your socks. You should also post them on the tofutsies group if you havent already. It shows people the colorway and how they knit up. Great job and I believe you will love wearing them!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Looks amazing!

I've heard great things about that yarn!! Plan on using it again?

11:53 PM  
Blogger sherriknits said...

Very cool. I like how it stripes!

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the stripes look awesome! Great job!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home