Easter Egg dye
I was surprised at the intensity of the colors. I thought that once I added more water for the dye jars that the color would be more pastel but these are nice bright colors. The red and blue separated a bit in the purple one.
I used an 880 yard skein for lace weight Bare yarn from Knitpicks. I made 9 skeins from it approximately 100 yards each. Then I dunked them in jars filled with the leftovers from dyeing the Easter eggs on Saturday night. I put them in the microwave and zapped them for 2 minutes at a time, letting it rest a few minutes between. It seemed like it took a long time to exhaust the dye.
I was thinking of doing something with a color blocked look when it was knit up. That's why I made them each about 100 yards. I would love to knit a lace shawl. I have been reading about Elizabeth Zimmermann's Pi Shawl. I have only done simple lace patterns and would like to explore some new ones.
I am not sure about these bright colors though. They might be a bit much. They are not the pastels that I was imagining for this. Well, I guess I can always make it into socks!