Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sock attack!

I went on a sock binge! I knit socks almost exclusively for more than a week. Most of these are plain vanilla stockinette patterns. I really like doing plain socks. These first 3 pair were all done on size 2 needles. That is big enough that I can knit without looking so I can read while knitting my socks!

I finished up the koolaid dyed socks. I even wore them already. These are lots of fun to show off.

The blue and brown ones and the Jelly Bean Stripes are made from Lion Brand Magic Stripes yarn. I started the blue and brown pair during Socktoberfest I believe.

The Jelly Bean Stripes were finished but I took out the toe and reknit them a little longer. I had tried a star toe on these. It seems to be a shorter toe than what I usually use. I decided to use my regular toe when I knit them longer. I like the tapered toe better for wearing, though the star toe doesn't require grafting. As you can see I still have one of each to graft.

I also made some progress on my TOFUtsies socks. This one is on size 1 needles. That alone makes it go slower. Then I decided to add a waffle weave stitch pattern to the cuff and down the front of the sock......really, really.......slow.

I love the TOFUtises yarn though. It feels really nice and the colors are wonderful! My LYS just got in 15 new colors! YIKES!

You may have noticed the little yellow tags on a couple of the socks...this idea was courtesy of my friend, Esther. I write the details of the pattern on the tag, number of stitches, rows etc as I knit the first one. It makes the second sock much easier! Thanks Esther!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Carol & Christine said...

You've been a busy bee!

The socks look great!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Love all the socks. I do the same thing except being a cheap bitch I use pieces of the back of my grocery receipt to make my notes and I use a stitch marker to hold the paper to the sock.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the socks, especially the last pair.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Deby said...

I love your socks and really love the effect on the tofutsies. Great stitch for the yarn and beautiful sock!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home