Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Thursday, January 31, 2008

New Assignment


Arnhild's knitting retreat is coming up in just 3 weeks! We decided that we needed more samples of the new patterns that have come in from Rauma in Norway. My assignment is to make this stockinette children's sweater. I don't have the pattern picture to show you so you will have to wait to see what the rest of it looks like.

It is made in worsted weight yarn: Rauma Vamsegarn

The pattern uses what is usually considered the wrong side of the fabric. The stripes blend together more this way. I just need to knit a little more on the back and then it is on to the sleeves!

There are other things that need to be knit up for the retreat. I will be busy knitting and planning for the next few weeks!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Wow! That is a lot of color changes in one sweater! But it looks great!!

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Denise
I've seen some of your posts on Ravelry and noticed that you work for Arnhild. She was so kind to send me the Selbu book with translation, but I have emailed her several times to see if she takes Paypal so I can pay her. Could you pass along to her that information? Thanks so much.
Lisa
lisa2 at lisadesigns dot com

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home