Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Some 2007 knitting I can finally show off

Introducing
Tofutsies Weave Socks

I mentioned this project in October. It was an entry for a sock design contest so I couldn't give too much away then. Now that the contest is over I can show them off. Oh, and I got second place!


I love the bright colors of this yarn but I was disappointed with the way my first pair turned out. Two of the colors blend together as you knit to make a spiral of a totally different color! So with this pattern I decided I wanted a way to interrupt that spiral and have each of the colors stand out individually.

You can see in the close-up view the spiral that started in the cuff and also how the weave pattern changed that.

I really like the results! The pattern will hopefully be available on my web site soon.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Hey there Denise! It's a pleasure to 'meet' you. I'm a fellow knitter and Iowan as well. I'll be keeping up with your blog from now on. Looks like you've knit some lovely stuff here. :)

9:46 AM  
Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Oh Yummy! I love your pattern... and CONGRATS on second place. What a fun accomplishment!

Cant wait for the pattern!

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home