Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Felted Mittens

I finally found time to post a picture of the felted mittens that I started during the knitting retreat in late February. These beauties are nice and thick and warm! Too bad I didn't think of this sooner. They would have been nice to have when the weather here was below zero.

I used Rauma Vamsegarn for these on size 8 needles. They were knit in the round on double point needles. It took less than 2 skeins of the yarn. I am getting quite the collection of little bits of wool yarn. I might have to find a project to use up the small bits.

This is one of the patterns in the Rauma LVS 3 book. It shows some embroidery and an tassel on the cuffs but I have decided that would just get caught on things so I will leave it off I think.

Now my hands will be warmer!

Pattern can be found here

The yarn is also available at my web site www.denisesneedleworks.com

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy... said...

Very nice!

I certainly hope you won't be needing those anytime soon, however. Let's hope - not till NEXT year!!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Those look so warm! I really need to knit a good pair of mittens. I live in TX so I don't need them all the time, but when I do...I really do!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home