Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Knitting Needles - Pewter Buttons and Clasps

The Norwegian sweaters that I have been making lately usually take pretty small needles because of the fine yarns. I had found that these sizes were often not available at local craft stores. Rauma carries a full line of PT needles in a wide variety of sizes and types. I have added some of them to my online store. I am hoping to expand the available sizes in the near future but for now I have the ones most commonly used.

Here is what they look like. The circulars are very smooth for fast knitting with soft flexible cables. The double pointed needles come in a set of 5 and have a slightly grippier feel.














I also have a nice selection of Norwegian Pewter Buttons and Clasps. These are the real thing from a factory in Norway. Unfortunately, the factory we have gotten them from has ceased production. We are in contact with a different supplier and hope to have arrangements made with them soon. These are some of my favorites. You can see all of them on the Buttons and Clasps page.

I will need to pick buttons for the Man's Norwegian Cardigan that I have been making for my husband. I think maybe the ships would look good on it. He might like that.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Joansie said...

I love pewter buttons and love this company from my home state.
http://www.danforthpewter.com/personal-buttons.html

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home