Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Saturday, February 14, 2009

When did she grow up?


Such a young lady! Amy is off to the Winter Formal dance at the high school tonight.

There is a story behind this beautiful periwinkle blue dress. We were going to buy Amy a dress because I was so busy trying to get things ready for the knitting retreat and our new school and store set up. Last weekend we went one last time to try to find a dress. There was nothing. It wasn't that she was being picky, there just were NO formal length dresses anywhere.

We didn't really want to pay bridal store prices -- so on Monday morning of this week we were at the fabric store. Monday night I found time to cut most of the dress out and we quickly sewed up the bodice to test for fit. Then things got too hectic for me to sew until Friday.

Today it was still in major pieces and Amy was getting worried that she wouldn't have a dress. It all came together with plenty of time to spare.

Doesn't she look lovely?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

She does look lovely and that's a beautiful dress!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely dress. And it does seem like we just turn around and our toddlers are sitting there as growly teens....

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home