Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

More Projects Finished June-July

It has been a busy summer here. I have not had time to post much but I have been knitting right along. I already showed you the pictures from TNNA with the sweaters that I finished before the show. I also made one of the Bunad stockings from the new LVS 4 book that Arnhild translated. This is a beautiful cabled knee-high stocking. I love the cables in it.

Before the show I saw some beautiful lace cowl patterns on Ravelry. This one was the right weight for Pt 5 Sport yarn so I decided to give it a try. The pattern is Poinsettia, a free pattern from Knitty.

I really struggled with the lace pattern in it. It just didn't seem to make sense to me as I was knitting it. But the result is beautiful. I will really enjoy wearing it this winter. If my neck is warm, the rest of me stays warmer. I may have to try some of the other patterns that I found too. Or make up some of my own.

After the show, there were still other patterns calling to me. Another one of the Bunad stocking patterns that I decided to try was this one. #12 from LVS 4 in red. I forgot to get a picture of the finished stocking before taking it to Arnhild's. These are going to be samples for her to use in display for the new book. Both of the stockings are made from Rauma Gammelserie. It is a sturdy all wool yarn that is the traditional choice for Norwegian historic costumes.

So far, I have only made one of each of these stockings for display. I am not sure if I will ever get around to making a second sock. They are such beautiful stockings that I would love to be able to wear them but maybe that is just a little too out of style for my age? Just how far do you think I can go before my adult children pretend they don't know me?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home