Rose Mittens are finished!
They are made of Istra, which is a DK weight yarn. They feel thicker than some that I made with light worsted weight yarns from other manufacturers. I tested them out this morning while driving my daughter to school. The temperature was still in the single digits but my hands were still reasonably warm! Holding a cold steering wheel makes my hands painfully cold if I don't have warm enough mittens.
I had to get creative with these mittens. I started a pattern that had a hem but found that after decreasing, the hand part of the pattern wasn't going to fit with the yarn and gauge I was getting. So, instead I picked out some graphs that would match the number of stitches I wanted to use. The cuff is #13-1 from LVS 5, Selbustrikk and the hand is #8 from the same book. They came out beautifully with a nice long cuff to cover my wrists up to my sleeves.