Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Provenance Mill Clothiers commission knitting

Provenance Mill Clothiers
I am privileged to be a knitter for a company that sells the most beautiful, heirloom baby sweaters, hats and booties. The yarn is made from the alpacas that they raise, the buttons and the beautiful box that the sweater is comes in are all handmade here in the US. The sweater even comes with a certificate that tells who did each part of the process and places to record each recipient as it is handed down through the generations.

I love knitting for babies! (In case you hadn't noticed that already.) Alpaca is one of my favorite fibers to work with. It is so soft and comes in many beautiful, natural colors. So far I have knit 3 of these vintage style sweaters for Provenance using the same pattern in sizes 1, 2, and 3. One gray and two tan. The pattern says that they can be worn buttoned either in the front or back. The customer will choose buttons and a ribbon color to go through the eyelets in the collar and for some smocking at the top of the ribs.

Back:

 Front. The blue yarn is marking the buttonholes. More details are on my project page.

 

The tan sweaters both looked the same so I will just post one picture. Project pages here and here.


I wish you could feel these. That is what really makes them special!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home