Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Thursday, May 02, 2013

Free Craftsy Mini-courses

Want to learn some new techniques to improve your knitting?  

 Have you checked out Craftsy.com?  

Craftsy has some great video classes for knitters, crocheters, sewers, quilters, bakers and many other crafts. The class is yours to watch again and again. Now is a great time to try out one of their FREE mini-courses!

Here are two of the free classes I have taken and really enjoyed.


  • Know Your Wool: Do you wonder where your yarn comes from? Learn about different types of wool and the individual characteristics of each.
  • Short Rows: Don't fall short because you find short rows intimidating! Learn four different techniques to creating short rows, and discover how they can make shaping a knitted garment a snap.
  •  Check out all of the other free Craftsy mini-courses by clicking here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home