Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Monday, September 25, 2006

The Knitting is finished!

I am really pleased with how this came out! It was really hard to keep the floats long enough so they would not pull the finished stocking in especially through the snowflake area. I still need to weave in ends and make a loop for hanging it. Then it will probably go to the Rose Tree for display for a while.

I have really enjoyed making the stockings. They are really easy and fun. Try it for yourself!

I am hoping to go back to some unfinished projects now so I can clear out some of the many tote bags that they are in. The Baby Surprise Jackets, washcloths for an exchange and a Cotton-Fleece T-shirt to be sewn up are just some of them. There is also a prayer shawl that is calling to me. Our ministry group meets tonight. Then I have some sweaters that I have been wanting to make.

There is more yarn coming from Carol's Super Specials at the Sheep Shed!

1 Comments:

Blogger ICJ said...

WOW!!! This is adorable!

I made my DD's Christmas Stocking last year... I made up the pattern...Wanna see?
http://tricotine.typepad.com/weblog/2005/12/edens_christmas.html


Isabelle aka Tricotine

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home