Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Finished UFO!

This is the Baby Surprise Jacket finally finished! So cute and soft! The yarn is self-striping Mondial Kinder Baby, 70% merino wool/30% acrylic. I used size 6 needles with this. The sweater is maybe a 6-12 month size but the garter stitch is so stretchy that it may fit an older baby. I also added ribbed cuffs to lengthen the sleeves.

It is a gift and I don't know if the baby will be a boy or a girl. This yarn has both pink and blue but was pretty heavy on the blues and green so I am hoping that it will look appropriate for either gender.

I enjoy this pattern so much. I think it is that it is pretty much mindless knitting. As soon as one is finished, I start thinking about which yarn to use for the next one. I want to cast on right away!

Note: Someone asked where they could find the pattern. The Baby Surprise Jacket is in two of Elizabeth Zimmerman's books Knitting Workshop and The Opinionated Knitter and available in a Spun Out as a single pattern for about $3 from Schoolhouse Press. There is even a video that was recently made to go with the pattern.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

How absolutely adorable! I love the colors you chose too!

Ruinwen
:)

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I get the pattern for the Baby Surprise Jacket, it's fantastic, I LOVE it, I HAVE to make one!!!

3:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Denise. Its so good to see that someone else doesn't like the size 1 needles nor very dark yarn and for the same reason as me. The eyes simply can't handle those dark colors and my finger don't like the small needles. Your comments encourage me. Now I know I'm not alone.

Janet

5:40 PM  
Blogger Pooch said...

Love the button shapes to accent the BSJ!! Very nice touch!

:)

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home