Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Finished sweaters

I got the striped sweater finished earlier this week. It is in the tub ready to go to Arnhild's Knitting Retreat tomorrow. It is made of Vamsegarn, a worsted weight yarn from Rauma of Norway. It is a cute sweater but there were sooooo many yarn ends to weave in!

Carl says that he would like it if it didn't have the pink in it. He is okay with the purple though.

I also finished the little pink and blue Baby Surprise Jacket. This one is going with me to the retreat too. It is made of Rauma's Babygarn. Babygarn is so soft you can hardly believe it is 100% wool! It is washable too which is really nice for a baby garment.

We are all packed up for the retreat. We go set up tomorrow morning. It will be a busy weekend!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

It's funny how males are about pink. If I want to send my godson into a fit all I have to do is mention pink. He really starts screaming if I mention pink in connection with ponies though.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home