Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Classes and finishing up

I am really excited about all of the classes that we are able to offer this month at the Rose Tree! I hope that the shop's customers are just as excited. It will be a really fun month for those of us that are teaching.

I am teaching the EZ Pelerine class how to make the basic stockinette version of this poncho but I would like to start a lace version for myself to give the class an idea for further projects. I like to work on something while I am teaching that is either related to the class or for a future class. It keeps them coming back for more I hope!

I have been trying to finish up some projects lately so I don't have anything new to report on. I love to start projects and work on projects but I am not fond of finishing and the sewing that it entails. I am trying to get some things done for the auction fundraiser though. Some of the items are finised but a few are not yet. I am hoping that I will remember to get photos of it all before I take it to the church. I often get in a hurry and forget that task.

I also need to finish the Baby Surprise Jacket for my youngest. He has been so patient. I am on the final rows now. Then we will need to pick out buttons. He loves buttons!

Oh, it has been a very busy weekend! I almost forgot! A new box of yarn, mostly Lamb's Pride is waiting for me. I haven't even had time to fondle it yet. I found the box at the door Friday as I was leaving for Iowa City to see our Daughter's play. Going to have to find time tomorrow to play and plan!

Keep on Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home