Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Friday, October 13, 2006

Busy, Busy Week!

My sewing class is winding down. This week we worked on a patchwork drawstring bag. The kids are great to work with. I have had fun with the class but, alas, next week we have our last class.

It will be nice to have the extra time for other projects though too. I have been trying to finish up some projects this week too. I almost have Carl's Baby Surprise Jacket finished. The knitting is finished and I started by crocheting the cuffs together across the top. I really need to sit down with it and finish the seaming so he can wear it. We have been having freezing temps at night already and the days are not warming up much over that.

I am also working on a scarf for the Red Scarf Project One of my yarn groups is collecting them for a charity challenge. I love to help out when I can.

I had only one student for my first Christmas Stocking class this week. Must be too early for people to start thinking of Christmas. On the other hand if you don't start early it won't get done in time. Ask me how I know that one?! We had a great time though.

I picked up some very fine Kid Mohair yarn while I was there and just started playing with it. It is verigated with some beautiful colors. Originally I thought about trying it for a Pelerine but I wasn't sure how round all of that fuzziness would make me look. I think I will make a simple garter stitch scarf with this ball to see how it behaves. What is this kind of yarn best suited for?

The Pelerine class starts next Tuesday. So far, there is no one signed up for this class either. There have been people asking for a poncho class, so where are they? Oh, well, that's the way it goes sometimes. One of the women who works in the shop might take it so we can brainstorm about classes for next month/year. I started another Pelerine in a natural color wool, using a simple lace design. It is coming out very nicely. I will try to get a photo up soon.

The weather has changed so much here that we are all wishing for more warm sweaters. It really has me wanting to cast on for some. I have the yarn for a couple of patterns that I would like to try but I really, really need to finish up some of the other projects that I have OTNs before I start something more. Half-finished sweaters still in the tote bag are not very warm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home