Denise's NeedleWorks
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at Find me as DeniseInIowa on

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Fall Cables Cardigan

Knit Simple magazine gave their Fall cover sweater a very unimaginative name--Woman's Cardigan. It is such a beautiful cabled sweater that I am going to call it the Fall Cables Cardigan. I am even using a fall color. It is called Persimmon and is kind of a burnt orange color.

I have the first sleeve almost finished and I started the back. The sleeve is knit in the round. I was going to try to make the body all in one piece too but my brain just couldn't wrap around how to do the all-over cables with shaping at the side seams.

There are 9 cables across the back alone. I think by the time I cross that many cables every 8th row I will have gone a little mad anyway.


Blogger Ruinwen said...

Really beautiful. I love the yarn you've chosen. I want to make that sweater if I ever get the sheep done. :)

I may just have to be content enjoying yours!


8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Cant wait to see finished product!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home