Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Bit of Bragging

I just have to do a little bit of bragging on my daughters who knit. This is the most recent creation by Rosie, my 9yo. She used my I-cord maker and some baby yarn for a purse. The body of the purse has rows of I-cord sewn together . They loop back and forth to make a scalloped edge. Rosie has made lots of scarves and has no fear of frogging.



Amy, my 13yo, has made lots of knitted and crocheted items. She has often helped me with chemo caps and afghan blocks. Here are a scarf, headbands and wristwarmers that she made recently. She used my Very Basic Wrist Warmers pattern. Free on my web site.

My 4yo also loves to knit. He and I work together. He throws the yarn while I work the needles or he will work the needles and I throw the yarn for him. He is working on a scarf for a baby girl that we took care of for a while. He is such a cutie.

I think I taught 7 of the 8 kids how to knit at some time. Somehow the 16 yo missed out. I keep offering to teach him but he keeps saying no. Someday he may wish he knew how to knit! My oldest 2 boys don't knit any more but of the 2 oldest girls, one knits and the other crochets yet. It is nice to see another generation carry on the crafts!

Denise

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

You have earned the right to brag. Yur kids projects are great. Give them kudos from me :)

BTW, I added your button to my blog!

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home