Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What I knit with the Mohair

I tried all sorts of things with this yarn. It is super fine so I tried the suggested size 6 needles first. It make the fuzz stick out and feel like a porcupine! That was not going to make a scarf feel good!

Next I tried to start the Perfect Pie Shawl from Weekend Knitting. Too hard to see what I am doing with all of that short-row lace knitting! I would have to knit the whole thing in one sitting or I wouldn't know where I was when I picked it up again.

So I went to my much used basic pattern the Quick and Easy Shawlette I am using size 11 needles so it is going quick. The big size really opens up the stitches, which is making the mohair feel really soft. I am planning to make it big enough to tie over a sweater, dress or coat for this winter.

I will need all the warm, cozy things I can get for winter here.

Denise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home