Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Thursday, October 26, 2006

The importance of gauge

Now, you would think, that after the Streakers Shrug I would know to check gauge first.

I started the tote bag from Knitters with the quilt-look star last night during my class. I picked up needles in the size that the pattern called for and just started knitting. After I got home I thought to measure the first square that I had. Way too small! I think I need to go up a needle size or two.

So today I was wanting to get started on my cabled sweater. I cast on 45 stitches for a swatch so I could really get a good measurement. Perfect! I was right on! Now I can get started and know it should come out the right size.

Denise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home