Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Coronet and a Mystery Ball


Coronet is a free pattern from Knitty created by Alexandra Virgiel. I really enjoy the patterns that these designers share with us.

I am going to have to adjust the pattern slightly because my gauge is 5 spi instead of the suggested 4 spi. I have made dozens of hats though so I don't think this will be a problem.

I am using a Mystery Ball from a swap. We swapped balls of yarn in which is wrapped several little gifts. The rule is that you have to knit the yarn to find the gifts. The yarn is Deluxe Worsted Tweed 100% wool from Universal Yarn Inc. I really like the rose color.

I had to chuckle yesterday though. My 16 year old son was telling me to knit faster so he could see what was inside! He had already offered to rewind the yarn for me so HE could find out! He had been playing with the ball to try to see through the gaps and found out that there is something that rattles inside. It is killing him! Maybe I will knit slower! HAHAHA

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Your son is hilarious. Sure made me chuckle. It is really interestin that he is so involved and excited about the Mystery Ball exchange. Just tell him the yarn is broken and that is what is rattling :) I know you want to get the hat done, or I would say knit slower as well!!

I love the hat pattern you choose. Can't wait to see it done.

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home