Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Thursday, February 22, 2007

TOFUtsies (toe-foot-sies)


TOFUtsies "A Great Yarn for Socks" is what the label says. This is a gorgeous new yarn from South West Trading Company

It contains:
50% Superwash Wool
25% Soysilk Fibers
22.5% Cotton
2.5% Chitin

Chitin is fiber from shrimp and crab shells. It's naturally antibacterial! And it is machine wash and dry! Amazing!

My LYS the Rose Tree just got this yarn in. I had to bring some home to try! The colors are so bright and pretty and the yarn is really soft. It was really hard to choose a color, there really isn't a bad one in the bunch!

It knits beautifully. I am getting about 8 to 81/2 spi on size 2 needles. I can't wait to get started on a pair of socks from this!

Happy Knitting!

Denise

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

That yarn is so pretty! I can't wait to see it knit up into socks. The Coronet hat is coming along nicely.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Carol & Christine said...

I want it!

See, Im honest. I dont always get what I want... but at least Im honest.

That colorway really is beautiful!! Cant wait to see how knits up before I go purchase some for myself.

Oh wait... Im knitting from my stash until June. Shoot. Is it June yet?

9:47 AM  
Blogger Patticakes Patricia Mishler Handmade said...

hi! I would make sure I wasn't allergic to shrimp or shellfish if I were to knit with this yarn or give it away to someone who could be! Could have some awful reactions! But it is gorgeous and I'm not allergic and anxious to try it!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Jonelle Raffino from SWTC www.soysilk.com says that the Chitin shouldn't be a problem for those with allergies because it is usually the iodine in shellfish that causes the problem. The Chitin has been processed for making the yarn so that is eliminated. This fiber has also been used in the medical industry for protecting wounds and burns for years. Sounds to me like great stuff!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Deby said...

That is a beautiful colorway. Cant wait to see what you knit up with it. I am working on sock 5 with tofutsies. I love them. Softest sock yarn I have ever used.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home