Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Lots of mysteries lately!

This is a hat that was part of a Mystery Knit Along. When we started the pattern we did not know what it would be. We were only given the type of yarn and the needle size.

I chose some Lion Brand Pound of Love yarn in turquoise. This is an acrylic yarn that I had never tried. It is really soft! I think I will be using more of it for baby things and maybe some prayer shawls too.

The hat will fit me if I stretch it a bit. It is quite stretchy because there is a lot of garter stitch in it. I think it would be good for an older child though.

The top shaping is done very quickly so it is sort of bumpy. The pattern said to put a pom pom on top but I don't especially like them. They never seem to come out looking very good when I make them. The shape of this hat looks like maybe it should have a tassle if anything.

This close-up shows the stitch pattern off better but is not the true color. The pattern seems to be garter stitch interrupted by slipped stitches.


Oh and the 10 year old daughter that I borrowed the book from says to tell everyone that The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo is a very good book.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

The hat pattern is very interesting. I still haven't done more than a couple of inches on mine. Maybe I'll get a chance to work on it soon. Nice job!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home