Denise's NeedleWorks
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at Find me as DeniseInIowa on

Friday, March 02, 2007

Preemie Baby Surprise Sweaters

These are the cutest little sweaters! They will be going to a very special set of twins that are expected any day now.

This is an adaptation of the Baby Surprise Jacket that Elizabeth Zimmermann designed. Knit on size 4 needles, I used 3 different baby yarns for the stripes. They are very randomly striped. It was basically whenever I remembered to or felt like changing colors.

I used the crochet pattern from Caps to the Capital project for the hats. I unvented a flower for them in crochet too.

Labels: ,


Blogger Janet said...

I love the sweaters Denise. Not quite alike, as the stripes are random, but enough alike to know they match :) Some lucky, soon-to-be-born, twins!!!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

super cute preemie suprise!
The preemier the better!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home