Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Monday, June 18, 2007

There is something magical about this hat!

Over the weekend the pile of caps grew and grew! These are just so easy and mindless. I love mindless projects. Maybe it is because I like to read while knitting.

These hats were knit from the Knit-a-cap pattern using a 16 inch size 10 circular needle. The dark striped one on the bottom was TLC Essentials. It came out a little bit thin looking so the second one (plain blue) I made with 2 strands of Caron Simply Soft.

Then I pulled out some Red Heart Super Saver yarn and decided to try it with one strand because it is a little bit thicker. The 3 middle hats were made with this yarn.

The green and blue striped hats on the top are made from Red Heart Strata, a self striping yarn. I started the first one last weekend and finished the 7th one yesterday.

A great way to use up some stash yarn and help out some kids!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home