Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Friday, July 20, 2007

Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool Tank

Remember this one? I got to the armholes before July 4th and decided that it wouldn't be going on vacation with me so I put it away for a while. Well I got it back out and knit the back up to the neckline now. Next I need to work on the front.

I love the shaping that this top has. I have tried it on and it is very flattering. I would have taken a picture of me modeling it but it is not quite ready for that...or maybe I am not quite ready for that?!

I got a couple inches of the front knit after I took these pictures so hopefully it will be done soon. This should be a great top for summer wear. I can also see wearing it under something else or even as a vest. You can click on the pictures for a closer look at the cables. I think they look great!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

The cables do look great, Denise! I love the color.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Wow! Looks great. I love all of your projects... you've been so busy!

9:09 PM  
Blogger RenĂ©e said...

I have some silky wool and an Elsbeth Lavold pattern on my "to do" list. Can't wait to feel that yarn flowing over the needles. So soft! The red color is beautiful!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home