Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Blue Heron Knittery

Arnhild and I made a visit to Decorah this past weekend. I was able to sit in on Arnhild's Norwegian Sweater classes at the Blue Heron Knittery. Sarah has a beautiful shop on West Water Street. I just had to share some pictures of it with you.

I didn't get a photo of the outside of the shop though. I will have to go back for that! Downtown Decorah is beautiful with l0ts of historic architecture. The Blue Heron is on a corner and has lots of decorative work and a tower on the building. Sarah has done a beautiful job with the inside of the building. She removed a false ceiling to expose the original stamped tin ceiling and replaced the hardwood flooring. Well, as they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words."

We had a great time learning how to make some of the beautiful sweaters you see here in the pictures. Thanks Sarah for being such a gracious hostess!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Im green with envy. What a beautiful shop!

*aaahhhh* It's nice to dream.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Kathy... said...

What a beautiful shop. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to check it out next time we are in those parts. I am always up for a road trip!

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Claire said...

Here's a picture of the outside of the shop for you! http://blueheronknittery.com/contact.htm and another although it's greyed out to use as a page background http://blueheronknittery.com/

As someone who helps out and teaches at Blue Heron, thanks for your wonderful review!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home