Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Monday, April 07, 2008

Rauma Sweater progress

Last week I was going to show you my progress on the hat and sweater set that I am making for Arnhild to take to the TNNA trade show. I didn't find the time to get it posted though. So here is where I was last week and where I am now. The sweater is going really fast!

The hat is finished. The sweater is now about 27 centimeters or 10.5 inches. The cables are looking really nice. There are 4 cables across the center back and 2 on each front. This will be a heavy sweater which will be really nice for the cold Iowa winters.

I also started a traditional Norwegian sweater during Arnhild's sweater class at the Blue Heron Knittery. Arnhild would like to have this one as a model to use for a while but eventually DH, Jeff, will get it.

You can see that this one is not going quite as fast! It is a much finer yarn (Strikkegarn) and size 3 needles for the ribbing. There are also a lot more stitches on this one. The ribbing on the blue sweater had 122 stitches, this one is 277! I think I have just a couple more rows of ribbing to go. Then I get to change to size 4 needles and start working with 2 colors.

The yarns are natural black and cream colors which are beautiful together. I have always admired these sweaters with the stars on the shoulders. It will be a very handsome sweater. I have a lot of knitting to go though.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home