Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Toddler Cable Sweater in River Jeans cotton

I haven't posted in a while because I have been busy trying to get this little toddler sweater knit up for the TNNA trade show next month. This pattern is newly translated into English by Arnhild and will be available as soon as it arrives from Norway.

I am making the size 2-4 for display at the show. We don't have a lot of the yarn on hand yet either but there was enough for this size and it will be faster to knit up than a larger size. I wish it would fit Carl though because it is really going to be a nice sweater.

The River Jeans yarn is 100% cotton and remarkably soft. I have enjoyed working with it. Many cotton yarns make my hands hurt or feel rough but this one doesn't.

This is a great yarn for summer tops too I think. We also have a new tank top and cardigan pattern that is translated and being knit up. There are so many things that River Jeans could be used for. I just wish that it came in more colors!

Pattern -- PT 795-River Jeans Cabled Pullover for Children and Men
Yarn -- River Jeans 100% cotton


Tomorrow we start playing with all of the yarn and sample models to decide how we are going to display them for TNNA. We have lots of new things to show! I hope we can fit it all in the car! I am looking forward to meeting store owners and pattern designers from all over the US.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Parvath Reddy said...

hey nice work :)

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home